I’ll try to go source her claims, but so far her statements do check out:
https://youtu.be/hwNFUVGF7Ak (Liberty Doll)
I’ve included the links from her page at the bottom. Here are some highlights from the video:
- Liberal lawmakers compare school shootings as an epidemic, much like opiates. However, opiate-related deaths tallied around 42,000, while school shooting deaths added up to under 20 in the same time frame.
- Chances of any given student being killed in a mass shooting are less than 1:614,000,000. Fights and knife attacks are far more prevalent, and increase risk of death to 1:2,300,000
- Perception of risk changes with emotions, which are manipulated by what information the media focuses on.
- Stats about school shootings are widely manipulated by willful changes in definitions in order to aggrandize an issue for political leverage.
- Gives some red flags based on patterns from actual school shootings.
- Current laws aren’t appropriate enforced.
- Relates prevalence of school shootings to high economic stress.
- Also notes that gun availability and ease of obtaining them have no correlation to rate of incidence of shootings.
- Mental health is a broader issue that needs to be more clearly described.
…to be continued!